A Hljóðaklettar Cassette to Dress (You) Up
Hljóðaklettar is a boutique record label founded by Runar Magnusson and Sabrina Joy Winogrond for the purposes of releasing rare, limited, and collectible music.
Hljóðaklettar focuses on electro acoustic, generative, drone, and disco.
Hljóðaklettar is an Icelandic word meaning ‘The Echo Rocks’ or ‘Whispering Cliffs’. The word refers to a group of crater plugs depicting basaltic columns in different positions creating various rock patterns. The loose material of those craters was washed away by flood waves originating from the big icecap Vatnajökull, the largest glacier in Southern Iceland.
Jacket + Cassette
This is a limited edition release (35 units). The jacket is a navy blue, light blue, and white football warm up jacket with ‘HLJÓÐAKLETTAR’ screen printed on the back.
The adjoining cassette delivered in a box is a label compilation containing music from various artists:
1. Petur Eyvindsson – Olympia 6.37
2. Evil Madness – Free Magic Weed 6.56
3. BJNilsen & Stilluppsteypa – Big Shadow Montana 6.06
4. Vindva Mei- Remonia 10.10
5. Crying Cowboy & Runar Magnusson – Crying Cafe (late edition) 3.19
6. Dino Felipe – Exterio-(P)rism 3.38
7. Reptilicus – Live001 (recorded in Krems 8.5.10) 3.59
8. SameSameButDifferent v.02 – Iceland – acne (bonus track)
1. Thor Magnusson – Compact assette 0.3 (bonus track)
2. BJNilsen – JarreSchulze 5.55
3. Takeshi Muto (Phoenecia) – UplifttheMIND 3.54
4. Rudi Müller & Runar Magnusson – Freeze No Extra 5.02
5. Hunk of a Man – Captain of Love 6.42
6. Johann Johannsson & Runar Magnusson – Dr.Diablo Plays The Organ 9.53
7. Sigtryggur Berg Sigmarsson – Kjallari Keisarans 6.23
8. Helgi Þórsson – Dimitri 3.56
9. DJ Musician – Stadion 2.25
Cassette artwork by Jay Schleidt
Please Paypal $65.00/€48 + shipping to paypal (at) hljodaklettar.com
North & South America: $12.00/ €9
Asia: $12.00/ €9
EU: $10.00/ €6
Please include your shipping address and jacket size with the payment information.
For additional inquiries email: info (at) hljodaklettar.com
Listen to the tape here:
– Wim Van Hooste